Monday, September 16, 2013

We're Number 2! _ and a Top 100 List

We're number 2! We're number 2! A final update on the D.C. Urban Adventure Race. My son Harry made the four-drive to join me for the event, and we finished second. Won $200 in gift certificates. (We can take lots of people out to dinner!)

Once again, Jason Hofsess of CitySolve put on a great show. Had us running all over D.C., solving puzzles and doing goofy things. I had to play a mini-game of "Operation" (remember that board game?) and get a woman to put her dog in a bag. The photo on the right was taken at a place where we received a big tub of frozen yogurt. 

I truly recommend the experience. It's fun for all ages, and most people are there just to have a good time and/or pretend they're on "The Amazing Race" TV show. 

Back to hiking. Hiking lists are everywhere, including a new one that compiles the top 100 hiking trails in Virginia. Take a look for yourself here. Not sure I agree with everything on it. For one thing, the W&OD Trail (ranked No. 14) isn't really a hiking trail; it's a paved biking/jogging/walking trail that used to be a railway line. But such lists are very useful for getting ideas for places to go and things to see and do. 

Hmmm. Maybe I'll do my own list tomorrow. Stay tuned.

See you on the trails.

Joseph


No comments:

Post a Comment