Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Family Hikes in Maryland

So what are the top 6 family-friendly hikes in Maryland? Hard to choose. My list might include the Billy Goat Trail between the C&O Canal and the Potomac River near D.C. and something at both the Cunningham Falls and Rocky Gap State Parks.

The Baltimore Sun has put together its list. I haven't most tried of the them, but I like the descriptions enough that I wish I could take a group of kids on an outing to each and every one of them right away. Always fun to learn about new hikes. The Sun also includes advice about kid-friendly snacks _ a must for any good family hike.

Read about it here.

I often get asked whether children can go on the hiking trips that we lead at My Hiking Vacations. Certainly! I've seen ages 8 to 80 on the trails. Visit our FAQ page and learn more.

See you on the trails.

Joseph

No comments:

Post a Comment