Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Google Hiking Searches ... (key word: underwear?)

"hiking underwear you dont have to wash"

I'm always intrigued to see how people end up visiting my hiking Web site. My wish/hope is that they're looking for the ideal hiking vacation _ particularly in the Swiss Alps _ and therefore have typed something like "hiking vacations Switzerland." Then, of course, they click on http://myhikingvacations.com/, examine the Web site and maybe even sign up.

Ah, but that's too straightforward. We live in a convoluted world. The phrase I typed above _ "hiking underwear you dont have to wash" _ is an actual phrase that someone typed into a Google search that led to a visit to my Web site. I just typed it in myself, and the "What to Pack" page of my Web site came up No. 4 on the results list. How about that!

I'm afraid the searcher might have been disappointed. I'm sure he/she found me because I list underwear on the packing list for the July 2010 hiking trip we're offering to Switzerland. I say nothing about whether the underwear should be washable or not. Hmmm. Maybe I should.

Anyway, for the Web-curious among you, here's a list of some other search strings used to find my Web site. Some make sense; some don't. For instance, I have no clue how "cottage rental va 20194" made the cut.

cost of hiking in alps
cottage rental va 20194
guided hiking in the alps
herndon
hiking
swiss guided hiking
swiss hiking vacation
switzerland vacations hut overnight
what clothes to take on hiking vacation
what to bring when going to the alps
what was your favorite hiking vacation in europe


Anyway, feel free to visit the Web site any way you please. Happy Googling ...

Joseph

No comments:

Post a Comment