Tuesday, December 1, 2009

December Hike to Wildcat Mountain

I love hiking in December. The air is brisk. The trails aren't as crowded. Everyone's in a good mood because Christmas is near. One catch: Make sure to start early _ because it'll be dark by 5.

I'm going to a new place this week: the Wildcat Mountain Natural Area in Farquier County, along the foothills of the Blue Ridge. Someone else picked the hike, so I'm more or less tagging along for this one. It's good not always being the leader _ I get a chance to see how other people handle a group hike and maybe pick up some pointers. Plus, I get to soak in the sights and sounds a bit more while concentrating less on pacing and morale.

We're expecting about 8 people for the hike, 4 adults and 4 kids. I'll let you know how it goes ...

Happy Hiking,
Joseph
http://myhikingvacations.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment