Friday, November 6, 2009

Return to the Scene of a Swiss mini-golf disaster ...

The Web site is only days away from going live. Meanwhile, I've been busy researching some of the hikes and hostels that will make up our inaugural My Hiking Vacations trip to Switzerland in July 2009. I'm especially excited to return to Grindelwald, a special little Swiss town (aren't they all special?) south of Interlaken and not too far from the Jungfrau.

Odd as it seems, I'm looking forward to revisiting a miniature golf course in that area. In Switzerland, mini-golf is often played on a cement-like surface rather than fake green grass. It's a difficult change-of-pace for us Americans, and it threw me for a loop. There was one hole I never was able to complete because the ball kept rolling away from the cup. It was too embarrassing for words. I want to get back to that course and finally get the ball in. Then I'll probably vow never to pick up a putter in Switzerland again _ and stick to the hiking trails instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment