Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

I haven't done a Thanksgiving Day hike, unless you count the leisurely walks through the woods we sometimes do when my family gets together in our little village of Gatlinsville in rural eastern North Carolina. Instead, we usually work off the big meal with the traditional front-yard touch football game. I'm sure we'll do that again tomorrow. Look out for the bird bath when going out for a pass!

I love family holidays, so this is definitely one of my favorite times of year. As much as I enjoy traveling in Europe, I always felt a twinge of sadness if I couldn't be home on Thanksgiving Day. I'd try to find somewhere to have a turkey dinner, but it's just not the same.

Wherever you are, Happy Thanksgiving. And Happy Hiking.

No comments:

Post a Comment