Thursday, October 31, 2013

All Hallow's Eve

Pumpkin whoopie pies. Easy to make. Let's hope they taste OK. 

It takes longer to clean up the kitchen than it does to make the treats.
It's a busy day, so this will be a short blog. I was up late last night making pumpkin whoopie pies for All Hallow's Eve, which we know today as Halloween.

I discovered pumpkin whoopie pies at a shop in Harper's Ferry, Maryland, and had to try to make some for myself. I pureed one of the pumpkins on my front stoop and made them into little cakes stuffed with cream cheese filling.

I'll hand these out when I gather with friends around our small fire tonight in the middle of the neighborhood cul-de-sac. For me, that's what Halloween has become _ a chance to sit with friends, interact with all the neighbors and their kids and enjoy their company. I might even throw on my "Trashman" costume. (We'll have photos tomorrow in my "All Saints Day" blog.)

Here's hoping you, too, have a neighborly Halloween.

And, yes, don't forget to visit our
hiking website.

See you on the trails. And around the fire.

Joseph

No comments:

Post a Comment